Archive for the ‘Movies’ Category
Our film industry today is full of shit. That is not an opinion ladies and gentlemen. That is a fact. That is the truth, that is what people in the film industry wouldn’t admit today. But it’s the truth and I don’t need to be the world’s best film critic to recognize it.
We try to hide it, we try to masquerade it and tell the people that it’s piracy. Piracy piracy piracy. The film makers’ number one enemy. And yes, to an extent it’s correct, piracy is a major factor on why our film industry isn’t really generating lots of revenues. But it’s only one factor. How about..
.. Incompetence. What the hell are we doing? Don’t give me the budget excuse because I’ve seen foreign films without special effects which made waves in the international film industry. We keep on trying to imitate those Hollywood films.. super hero this, super hero that. Can’t we do something original anymore? Are we always dependent to those things that we see in Hollywood?
And our screenwriters, what the fuck are you guys thinking? If you’re not copying something out of those Hollywood films, you’re writing a film which revolves around the word cliche. I don’t even remember the last time I watched a film with a good script.
Another thing, fuck the fucking MTRCB and fuck censorship. I am sick and tired of watered down scripts and films. I am sick and tired of watching films full of cuts and sorts because it takes away the essence of the film itself. The only way we can appreciate something beautiful is by showing the negative side of the spectrum. The only way we can truly appreciate a work of art is by looking through the flaws of society and by exposing the very nature of the norm that we follow everyday. And like a bullet it will go through the empty skulls of the zombie viewers and hopefully it will inject some sense it. That’s the way it has always been and that’s the way it should be right now.
To quote the greatest Filipino director which ever lived..
To the best of our abilities, and even if we often times fail, we must produce films that will hurt, films that will disturb, films that will not let you rest. For the times are bad and, given times like these, it is a crime to rest.
And that’s the crime that the Film Industry have been committing for many years now. And that’s the crime that I hope would not continue on to the next few years. We need a change in the system, for if we continue on with this cycle of mediocrity, the film industry here in the Philippines will soon be forgotten.
Here’s a film called Orapronobis, one of Lino Brocka’s best works and definitely my favorite Filipino film of all time. Film makers today, eat your hearts out.
Credits to kindhearted189 for the video.
Marian Rivera has always been hot. Pretty face, perfect curves. Everything that you can ask for physically. She already played different roles in the TV like the fapmachine superhero extravagant named Darna, played the role of a poor Mexican lady with a talking dog and also as a mermaid in one of her shows. However, never did we know that in real life, amidst all the weird characters she portrayed in the television, she presents something deeper. Something broader, something wider. She’s someone who gave me troubles during my first year in college.. you got that right she’s a.. PSYCHOLOGY.
Watch and laugh.
Yes, what a way to comeback huh? An actual post with certified bad ass-ness with it. This is a tribute to the baddest motherfucker in the history of this planet. And no it’s not you Mr Chuck Norris.
Here’s the top 5 moments of Samuel L Jackson in film.
5) Shaft – What’s my name?!? What’s my name?!?
A big black guy beating up a couple of thuggish kids? Awesome.
4) Pulp Fiction – Mushroom Cloud Laying Motherfucker
One of the many memorable lines Mr Samuel Motherfucking Jackson gave us in this film.
Well, I’m a mushroom-cloud-layin’ motherfucker, motherfucker! Every time my fingers touch brain, I’m Superfly T.N.T., I’m the Guns of the Navarone! IN FACT, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOIN’ IN THE BACK? YOU’RE THE MOTHERFUCKER WHO SHOULD BE ON BRAIN DETAIL! We’re fuckin’ switchin’! I’m washin’ the windows, and you’re pickin’ up this nigger’s skull!
3) Jackie Brown – AK-47
Would’ve been the best AK-47 commercial ever, tough luck, guns can’t be advertised.
AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, have to kill every single motherfucker in the room; accept no substitute
2) Snakes on a Plane – Best line Ever.
Just watch the clip, nuff said.
Enough is enough! I have had it with this motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!
1) Pulp Fiction – The greatest interrogation scene ever.
The best part of the film, the time when Jules (Sam) interrogates Brett. Pure bad ass and dozens of quotables too.
– Oh I’m sorry? Did I break your concentration?
– “What” ain’t no country I ever heard of, they speak English in “What”?
– English motherfucker! Do you speak it?
– Say “what” again. Say “what” again! I dare you! I double-dare you, motherfucker! Say “what” one more goddamn time!
– Does he look like a bitch? Then why’d you try to fuck him like a bitch, Brett?
– You read the bible Brett? Well, there’s this passage I’ve got memorized, sort’a fits the occasion. Ezekiel 25:17? “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee! (Shoots Brett repeatedly)
Those are 5 bad ass scenes from the baddest man in the planet. Enjoy guys.